The 48th Conference on the Physics and Chemistry of Surfaces and Interfaces (PCSI-48) will be held at Sonesta Redondo Beach & Marina in Redondo Beach, California, USA, from Sunday afternoon, January 15, through Thursday noon, January 19, 2023.
The annual PCSI conference is devoted to achieving a fundamental understanding of the physical, chemical, biological, structural, optical, magnetic, and electrical properties of surfaces and interfaces. These studies include novel growth processes and interfacial phenomena, new characterization tools, transport, and functionality of the structures for future devices.
Generous amounts of discussion time will be included in the program in order to emphasize the workshop character and to stimulate the exchange of new ideas.
- Atomically Precise Deposition and Etching Methods
- Characterization of interfaces, transport, and optical properties: in situ and in operando
- Defects as Devices (e.g. Quantum Emitters)
- Electronically Reconfigurable Metasurfaces
- Epitaxial Growth Mechanisms
- Magnetism and Spin Transport in Reduced Dimensions, Multiferroics
- Materials for Neuromorphic Computing
- Materials for Quantum Technologies
- Nanoscale Contacts on Semiconductors and Oxides
- Novel Couplings Across 2D and Mixed-Dimensional Interfaces
- OD, 1D, and 2D Materials for Electronics and Photonics
- Organic and Hybrid Electronics
- Semiconductor and Dielectric Heterostructures
- Surface and Interfaces in Energy Storage and Generation
- Topological Materials
University of California at Santa Barbara, USA
Technische Universität Berlin